Water Sector Leader - Queensland - [Archived Advertisement]
Mott MacDonald Australia and New Zealand (View other jobs from this organisation)
Water Sector Leader - Queensland
Mott MacDonald is a dynamic and innovative management, engineering and development consultancy working on landmark projects worldwide. Wholly independent and employee owned, we have staff worldwide working in sectors including transport, energy, buildings, water, environment and education. Our business is truly global and offers exciting project opportunities within Australia and New Zealand, as well as within a range of offices and project sites across the globe.
As part of our growth strategy in the Queensland region we are now seeking to broaden our capability in the area with the addition of a new water leader to establish a water business in the area.
This key role will see you build and lead the Water Team in Queensland and work collaboratively with other equivalent roles across ANZ business to help develop and enhance Mott MacDonald’s brand in the water sector. The successful applicant will be technically strong and capable of providing direct technical leadership of complex multi-disciplinary water projects, as well as be able to build trusted relationships inside a range of client organisations.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
• Chartered engineer with ideally over 10 years’ experience in the water sector with a proven track record in leadership and delivery of consulting engineering services for multi-disciplinary projects within the full range of project delivery environments including concept, planning and detailed design.
• Strong client relationships, ideally with Queensland market or the ability to build strong relationships with an aim to develop the business
• Driven client-facing delivery style, focussed on achieving outstanding outcomes for clients, with effective communication skills and the ability to lead teams of staff
• Strong technical ability in design and delivery of water infrastructure projects
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work collaboratively with broader water group in the ANZ region and internationally
• Strong leadership and ability to develop and grow a team of water sector staff as required
• Strong commercial and contractual acumen
In turn, you’ll be working on significant projects that shape the communities in which we live. You will build connections with our international expertise and bring this knowledge to our clients and to their projects. We adopt a pioneering mindset to meet our challenges head on.
There’s no time like the present to make a change.
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Water Management Policy and Law