ICT Security Architect - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
ICT Security Architect
- Total Remuneration Package: $163,139 - $178,790
- 3 years maximum-term, full-time opportunity
- Free gym memberships
- Maintain your PSS Membership
- Open to Permanent Residents
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets including dams, reservoirs, water and sewerage treatment plants, pumping stations to ensure we deliver safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the Canberra community for 100 years.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a solid focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Our Digital Technology Group is looking for a highly skilled and collaborative Security Specialist to lead our security work across the business. This is a highly critical function as the stability and security of systems is integral to the operations of ICT infrastructure at Icon Water.
About your new role:
- As the Principal Information Security specialist, contribute to the definition of the Security strategy, policies, processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the Security architecture and designs (document/establish, maintain, and advocate)
- Work with the business to understand requirements and provide security-centric advice
- Identify the environment, business challenges and opportunities for current and future years and developing the organisational strategies to meet and exploit these challenges.
- Drive innovation in domains of security technology & operations, security analytics and visualisation.
- Analysing and defining options to resolve complex problems ensuring integrity, validity and reliability of advice.
- Provide ICT security advice to the business including business cases and other documents that have security impact.
Key qualifications, skills and experience we will need you to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline, such as Information Technology.
- A strong understanding of end-to-end Information Security
- Experience with the application of Information Security concepts to a cloud based delivery environment
- Proven experience working in a consulting environment or as an Information Security specialist in a similar environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of Information Security in the organizational risk context and the ability to effectively communicate complex technical topics to inform the Executive and the Board’s risk management obligations
Bonus if you have:
- Industry recognised ICT Security technical certifications such as GIAC, CISSP or CEH.
- Proven experience in planning, designing, developing and delivering organization wide security strategy.
- Strong knowledge and experience in addressing AWS-centric security issues and solutions.
- You are enthusiastic, self-motivated and focused on continuous improvement
- You have strong problem solving, negotiation and facilitation skills
- You build and champion positive relationships and enjoy providing high level customer service
- You can work independently and as part of a small team
- You are respectful, value diversity and respect the time of others
About our application process
If you are up for this challenge, please submit your resume and a cover letter clearly outlining the key skills, qualifications and experience you can bring to the role via our recruitment portal.
For more information about the role, please contact Ali Salehi on 0421 600 333
Applications will close on 30 April 2019.
Thinking about moving to Canberra?
Canberra is the capital of the ACT. It has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of an excellent capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast, which makes it an exceptional location for adventure.
Canberra boasts a phenomenal food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Apr 2019
- ACT - Mitchell
- $163,139 - $178,790
- Work Type:
- Full Time