We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities.
WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Ops System Support Officer.
The successful candidate will Assist in the development of systems, mechanisms and reports to satisfy Water NSW regulatory compliance responsibilities, support the operational systems for the supply of bulk water delivery
and support the water operations teams in consulting with key stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with administration and coordination to the River Operations Stakeholder Consultation Committees (ROSCCo) and other customer engagement meetings actively seeking opportunities to improve customer experience.
- Assist with the preparation and publication of regular water quality and quantity reports for Water NSW in response to operating licences, works approvals, supply agreements and other regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the collection of stakeholder functional requirements for operational systems, such as the Early Warning Network, for inclusion in new system decisions, implementation and system upgrades. Provide training where required.
- Administer operational systems, ensure reliability and provide support to Water NSW staff in the use of these systems.
- Collate, operational and corporate data from various water operational systems to produce reports for Water NSW customer requirements including, IPART, DPIE Water, Bureau of Meteorology, Bureau of Statistics and independent auditors or as required.
- Assist in incident management
- Co-ordinate the access of Water NSW webtool database and provide training in the use where appropriate.
- May require some travelling
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Extensive experience in writing operational reports.
- Knowledge of NSW Water legislation, Water Sharing Plans, Works Approvals
- Demonstrated experience of the production and interpretation of operational data
- Proven experience in effective issues and reputation management, and delivering solutions to complex policy matters
- Ability to develop relationships with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- Attractive remuneration package, including performance bonus
- A flexible, family friendly workplace
- Diverse and supportive team environment
- Excellent opportunity to grow in a high profile organisation and role
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National Police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au and the Position Description can be accessed Position Description.
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.