Marine Operations Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Huon Aquaculture (View other jobs from this organisation)
Marine Operations Manager
A career changing opportunity for an experienced Marine Operations Manager looking to make a difference.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will provide strong leadership to the Southern Marine Operations team and proactively manage infrastructure in your region, as well as:
- Drive safe work practices across the Southern region and ensure your team uphold safe work practices.
- Work with the Regional Manager to achieve production goals, meet budgets, identify operational cost reduction opportunities, and review efficiencies with a view of implementing improvements.
- Partner with Marine Operations and corporate teams to achieve objectives and accurate reporting.
- Effectively manage internal and external stakeholders, delegate as required, and provide coaching and development opportunities to your team.
- Manage stock ensuring bathing frequency, fish health, and biosecurity is maintained, including stock security, and compliance with Huon policies, procedures, and standards.
Operating on a full-time basis Monday to Friday, this role is primarily based at our picturesque Hideaway Bay site.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Aquaculture and a strong working knowledge of fish husbandry, animal welfare, and biosecurity protocols.
- A track record of successfully leading large teams within a dynamic operational environment.
- Experienced and confident problem-solver and negotiator, enjoy fast paced roles where you are required to make sound decisions and meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and can gather, interpret, and present data.
- Strong ability to adapt, deal with uncertainty, and remain calm while leading teams in a changing environment.
Benefits of joining Huon
As part of the Huon family, you receive:
- Discounted products and company reward and recognition.
- Discounted health insurance with our partners.
- Access to novated leases through our partners.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
Don’t delay! We run agile recruitment processes and will engage with suitable candidates as soon as possible. Send us a copy of your up to date resume and cover letter telling us why you’re our next Marine Operations Manager. Applications close: Wednesday 14 February, 2024.
Preferred candidates are subject to a pre-employment health assessment.
For more information please contact email@example.com.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Feb 2024
- TAS - Dover
- Work Type:
- Full Time