Senior Coastal Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Bluecoast Consulting Engineers (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Coastal Engineer
Guide the direction of the business, without bureaucracy, while working towards a share in ownership? Midday surfs/swims from our beach-side offices? If this excites you and you’re passionate about safeguarding coastal communities, restoring our coasts, ensuring sustainable development and tackling complex coastal challenges head-on, we want you to join our team as a Senior Coastal Engineer.
About the role
Due to on-going growth and approval for some exciting projects, we're on the lookout for a Senior Coastal Engineer to join our tight-knit team and contribute to the ongoing development and success of our projects. As a Senior Coastal Engineer you will lead and support our diverse and exciting array of projects, working to deliver better outcomes for our clients and for the communities we serve. Our projects range from coastal resilience programs in the Pacific to the design and construction supervision of innovative artificial surfing reefs. You will be working together with a well-respected team of experts with mentorship for your individual growth and development. The role will be based in our Newcastle or our Gold Coast (Kirra) offices with flexible working arrangements.
You will be:
- passionate about our coasts and oceans and working in this environment
- keen on technical problem solving with an interest in sustainable solutions to create resilient communities
- a collaborative and proactive team member who contributes to the group’s goals
- someone who finds satisfaction in creating positive change.
You will bring:
- relevant qualifications (e.g. bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline), chartered professional status is desirable
- five to ten years of relevant professional experience, preferably within a consulting environment
- experience in leading the delivery of coastal engineering projects, with a track record of successful implementation
- developed project management, commercial acumen and time management skills
- strong understanding of coastal processes, sediment transport, and shoreline dynamics
- proven experience in data science, usage of computer models and GIS
- excellent communication skills to effectively convey complex engineering concepts to diverse stakeholders
- solid track record and an established network in the coastal engineering industry
- interpersonal skills required to contribute, collaborate and motivate in a respectful, team-based working environment.
Bluecoast was born from the love of the coast by our passionate directors and since built a proud track record in delivering remarkable projects with meaningful outcomes. With a growing specialist team of 7-people and network of industry-leading experts we provide a diverse and empowering workplace where you will be working alongside some of the best in our field. Our projects range from supporting renewable energy projects in remote Pacific island’s by collecting oceanographic data, to strengthening the resilience of coastal communities to designing innovative coastal structures that provide form and function. We empower our engineers and scientists to think outside the square and dare to be different.
To read more about the Bluecoast’s approach, team or past and present projects check out our website www.bluecoastconsulting.com.au
At Bluecoast you will have the opportunity to work on exciting, rewarding and innovative projects in the coastal environment with a strong specialist team who value your growth and development.
You will have the opportunity to:
- collaborate and contribute to multi-disciplinary projects with a small and specialist team while developing into a leader in your field
- get into the field to get your hands dirty collecting data in the environments you love
- earn an attractive salary package
- work flexibly in a company that values healthy living and families
- travel and work in other locations
- earn paid parental and partner leave
- purchase additional annual leave + salary packaging
- professional and technical development programs, including eLearning and study assistance, and dedicated training budgets
- have your professional memberships paid
Let's build a future where coasts are resilient and the ocean is our ally!
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Consulting, Strategy & Planning