Senior Wastewater Treatment Plant - [Archived Advertisement]
Tweed Shire Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
We are seeking a Senior Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator with a passion for public health and protecting the environment. We welcome dedicated people that want to work in a team environment.
The Senior Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator position will work within a committed team to maintain, operate, undertake routine testing and carry out minor repairs of Wastewater Treatment Plants to ensure wastewater treatment meets health and environmental requirements as well as community expectations utilising adopted operating procedures.
The position is suitable to those who enjoy a diversity of work in both outdoor and office environments combining computer based and active work activities.
About the Role:
- Senior role providing technical advice and direction on daily operations and recommendation improvements, ensuring the level of efficient for plants under your control.
- Reports to Engineer – Treatment Plants.
- Supervises employees plus contractors, including people management, rosters, performance and development.
- Responsible for the daily on-site operations and maintenance of two or more of Council’s Wastewater Facilities.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available for out of hours “on call” emergency service, on a rotational basis and the incumbents place of residence during these on call periods needs to be geographically located within approximately 30 minutes of the Wastewater Treatment Plant at Murwillumbah so that response times to “call outs” is minimised. Further information can be provided upon request.
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $1,257.24 per week with competency based increments up to $1,476.04 per week, plus 10% super - Note: out of hours and “on call” work is paid in addition to the base salary.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance including the possibility of flexible or family friendly working hours.
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Certificate III or IV for Wastewater Treatment or equivalent qualification PLUS extensive experience in the operation of modern activated sludge Wastewater Treatment plants, including dosing.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge in the operation of modern activated sludge Wastewater Treatment Plants including chemical dosing.
- Capacity to provide quality supervision and leadership of a small team to meet organisational goals.
- Willingness to participate in the Water Unit's on-call roster system to provide weekend and after-hours operational services.
- Where it's located:
- This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site. All our treatment plant staff undertake shorter term rotations from their base treatment plants to other council treatment plants on a periodic basis for development as well as ensuring contingency of operational knowledge across our treatment plants.
Friday 8 October 2021 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
How To Apply:
Visit our careers page
- Closing Date:
- 08 Oct 2021
- $1,257.24 up to $1,476.04/week +10% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time