Aurecon brings ideas to life to design a better future. Imagining what is possible, we turn problems into solutions for our clients across regions and markets. We provide advisory, design, delivery and asset management services on projects across a range of markets, in locations worldwide.
With a healthy project pipeline continuing through 2018 and beyond, our Flooding and Drainage team in Newcastle seeks to appoint a number of dynamic and passionate water resources professionals to join our established team. Our NSW projects include Highways, Rail infrastructure, Defence bases, Energy Facilities, and Resources developments. We collaborate closely with other Aurecon offices to share work and knowledge.
Key responsibilities of the Flooding and Drainage Engineer will include:
- Undertake detailed hydrologic and hydraulic modelling tasks
- Work within a highly motivated team of water engineers on a range of infrastructure projects
- A passion to develop leading technical expertise in hydrologic and hydraulic modelling & design
Ideally you will have:
- Relevant degree qualifications
- Previous flood modelling and drainage design project experience
- Knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modelling skills
- General civil drainage analysis and design experience
- Ability to use relevant software including:
- 1D & 2D flood modelling software - MIKE FLOOD, MIKE 21, MIKE 11, TUFLOW, HEC-RAS
- Hydrologic modelling software - RAFTS, RORB, URBS
- Urban drainage software- MIKE URBAN, DRAINS
- GIS, AutoCAD & 12D design skills
- MUSIC Modelling
- Water Balance Modelling
What We Provide
We believe a career is not just a job; it's a collection of experiences you gain through professional networks, working with current technologies and expanding your knowledge base. All this while working on a broad range of projects and the option of local, interstate and international exposure within a globally collaborative business.
Working within the global Aurecon team provides extensive career prospects whilst providing an environment that empowers, encorages sustainability and promotes team work. Competitive remuneration package on offer.
For an example of some of our projects, visit http://www.aurecongroup.com/en/Projects.aspx
How to Apply
If you are seeking an opportunity to drive and deliver project outcomes, within a creative business that encourages innovation and fresh ideas, please click the Apply Now button below.
Alignment with the Aurecon Attributes is important: Co-creative, Commercial, Sense-maker, Inquisitive, Engaging, Resourceful, Fearless and Unconventional thinking.
Kindly refer to http://www.aurecongroup.com/en/careers/themes/why-join-aurecon/aurecon-attributes.aspx for more detail.
*** Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer and provides flexible working arrangements through an innovative “Yesflex” program
*** Applications are sought from direct candidates only