We are seeking a highly motivated, appropriately qualified and experienced Technical Officer Irrigation to join our fast-paced Irrigation and Turf Team,which plays an integral part in the management and maintenance of all City of Darwin's controlled irrigation and watering systems across the Darwin municipality.
About the role
As the Technical Officer Irrigation, you will provide high level advice and support to the Team Leader for all the turf and irrigation projects including managing the efficient delivery of projects, construction and contract management of Council works. You will be expected to perform and deliver consistently across a range of Key Result Areas.
A key component of this role is the Service Delivery provided to our Community, which includes, but is not limited to:-
- Plan, prepare, coordinate, and implement irrigation projects and programs to support the strategic directions of City of Darwin and associated plans.
- Oversee and manage the budget's associated with project works.
- Provide a high level of irrigation technical advice; as needed by key stakeholders.
- Maintain a continuous quality improvement process to ensure innovative and efficient practices are maintained in the service delivery by the Parks and Reserves Irrigation and Turf team.
To be successful you will have:
- Certificate IV in Irrigation or equivalent qualification
- Experience with telemetric and cloud based irrigation systems
- General Construction Industry - White Card
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
Working at City of Darwin
At City of Darwin, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We offer a wide range of benefits and flexible work practices to suit everyone, with competitive remuneration and generous leave entitlements. This position has a commencing base salary of $76,319.00 per annum plus superannuation.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Richard Shalders on 08 8980 3612.
How to Apply:
Please go to https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/ & click on the Technical Officer Irrigation job link. Other information to assist you with the application process can also be found at this link along with a copy of the position description.
As part of City of Darwin's recruitment process applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 7 December 2020
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply