- Provide high level project support to the Centre for Southern Hemisphere Oceans Research
- Exercise your intiative & judgement across a broad range of tasks
- Join CSIRO & support the Centre in achieving its goals for the benefit of Australia
CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere Business Unit is seeking an enthusiastic “all-rounder” to provide high level administrative and project support to the Centre for Southern Hemisphere Ocean Research (CSHOR) including the CSHOR Director and the Centre’s project leaders. The role will involve elements of project management, maintaining and enhancing web based collaboration tools and websites, using web-authoring software. You will work in a busy environment and be required to set priorities, meet deadlines, and exercise initiative and judgment across a broad range of tasks and functions.
This role can be either undertaken on a full time basis or part time 0.8 FTE.
More specifically you will:
- Support the CSHOR Director with day-to-day management of the Centre
- Coordinate CSHOR Steering Committee, Advisory Committee, and Research Leadership Team meetings,
- Provide high level project support to CSHOR project deliveries
- Assist in maintaining, updating and enhancing the CSHOR website
- Coordinate the development of Project Details for new Project Agreements for the Steering Committee for consideration;
- Prepare project reports to monitor CSHOR partner contributions to CSHOR projects
Location: Hobart Tasmania
Salary: $78k to $88k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 5 year specified term
Ref no: 44602
For the full duties and selection criteria click on the position details link: Position Details
To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrated experience providing high level support to a Senior Manager and projects, within a fast paced and complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience in providing services with a ‘customer first focus’ to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to generate improved solutions to complex problems and resolve complaints using creativity, reasoning and past experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with project leaders, managers, colleagues, researchers, and external stakeholders.
- High level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (word processing, spreadsheet and database); electronic mail systems (Outlook); records management (TRIM); and general office equipment.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 16 August 2017