- Contribute to innovative research and deliver to high impact projects
- Undertake groundwater sampling across Australia
- Join one of the leading environmental tracer laboratories
CSIRO Land & Water is seeking to appoint an experimental groundwater scientist for their Environmental Tracers and Applications team. Land & Water provide the science to underpin Australia’s economic, social and environmental prosperity through stewardship of land and water resources ecosystems, and urban areas.
In this role, you will conduct hydrogeological field investigations, including groundwater sampling for environmental tracer analysis, the results of which will contribute to innovative measurement-based groundwater research and high-profile projects, both in Australia and overseas.
Your duties will include:
- Assisting in undertaking groundwater sampling across Australia for environmental tracer analysis.
- Contributing to all groundwater sample preparation steps in the laboratory, including gas extraction and gas separation.
- Applying new tools for more efficient field-based groundwater sampling, gas extraction and analysis using the field-based large volume gas extraction for 85Kr, 39Ar, 81Kr and Membrane Inlet Mass Spectrometry System - MIMS).
- Contributing to tracer data analysis (updating tracer database, spatial analysis and mapping of tracer and hydrogeological data).
- Working closely with CSIRO Land and Water leaders to develop research ideas and business opportunities.
Location: Adelaide (Waite Campus), South Australia
Salary: AU$61K to AU$78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 57085
To be successful, you will need:
- A Bachelors/Masters Degree &/or equivalent experience in Science (e.g. Environmental Science, Hydrology, Physics, Resource Management) or Engineering.
- Demonstrated expertise in hydrogeological field investigations, including groundwater sampling for environmental tracer analysis.
- A track record in contributing to the development and/or operation of groundwater tracer analyses.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
- A record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, ensuring you provide enough information relevant to the criteria as listed in the position description, to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, Tuesday, 19th June, 2018