- Apply your data-driven problem-solving skills in diverse large-scale projects
- Use your research expertise to support Australia’s Strategic Basin Plans initiative
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s National Science Agency – in an ongoing role!
Are you a skilled Groundwater Hydrologist with an interest in groundwater systems & models, and well-developed project management skills?
We are seeking a motivated & experienced Groundwater Hydrologist to join our ‘Risks to Groundwater Resources’ Team within CSIRO Land & Water.
In this multifaceted dynamic role, you will collaborate with various CSIRO internal & external stakeholders to support a range of diverse, large-scale groundwater management projects. You will use your data analysis & interpretation skills and groundwater systems knowledge to develop and apply solutions to varied research problems.
Your duties will include:
- Working on large multidisciplinary projects, including regional-scale integrated assessments; cross-disciplinary integration of groundwater hydrology (contaminants, ecology, geology and hydrogeology); and analysis and interpretation of regional-scale groundwater models.
- Contributing to the interpretation and communication of research or technological results and collaborating on drafting presentations to, and/or detailed written reports for, clients and the scientific and/or technology community.
- Participating in planning projects and accepting responsibility for the scheduling and completion of major parts of projects, including allocating and directing tasks where appropriate.
- Supporting scientific research that integrates spatial, field, remotely sensed and modelled data to enhance regional-scale integrated assessments with a focus on risks to water and the environment.
- Working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team, and communicating openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers.
Location: Adelaide SA, Brisbane QLD or Perth WA
Salary: AU$87K to AU$98K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree with honours in Science or Engineering, and/or equivalent relevant work experience in groundwater hydrology.
- Ability to analyse & visualise groundwater data using a variety of software packages. E.g., spatial analysis in ArcGIS or QGIS, data analysis and visualisation in Python, R, Matlab or similar.
- Experience in project planning and delivery. E.g., scheduling work and monitoring tasks in Microsoft Project, preparing agendas and minutes of meetings, using databases to keep track of data and citations.
- Ability to cultivate productive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders. E.g., clients in government, partners in industry and colleagues in other science organisations.
- Knowledge and ability to co-author on scientific journal publications and/or technical reports.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be currently residing in Australia as an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
31 October 2021, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 31 Oct 2021
- AU$87K to AU$98K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time