Senior Environmental Scientist - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Environmental Scientist
- 12 months Maximum-Term, Full-Time
- Remuneration: $101,576 plus 15% superannuation
Within the Business Services Group, the Environment and Sustainability team are responsible for delivering services that achieve environmental compliance and sustainable solutions for Icon Water.
We have an exciting temporary opportunity in our team for a passionate and motivated Senior Environmental Specialist to own the delivery of environmental advice, assessments, approvals and projects in maintaining compliance and improving performance.
If you are passionate about making a positive change to the environment as we do, we would love to hear from you!
A day in the life…
- Provide advice on the environmental impacts and sustainability of activities to inform decision making.
- Manage complex environmental issues and develop strategies to minimise environmental compliance risk across the organisation.
- Conduct environmental impact assessments in the field and determine and obtain environment and planning approvals for projects.
- Undertake environmental inspections in collaboration with stakeholders to drive continuous improvement and maintain compliance.
- Mentor team members and engage with external stakeholders such as regulators to obtain statutory approvals and permits.
- Review internal and external technical reports, drawings and supplementary information, and develop briefs and submissions for management of stakeholders.
Why Icon Water?
Icon Water owns and operates Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. We are our own customers, so we take pride in what we do and we do it well. We are a people focused organisation, acknowledging our people are our greatest asset. We want our people to be empowered to work in a collaborative and productive way and that your work and personal lives are in harmony. The Careers tab on the Icon Water website will show you our great employee benefits. You can also hear from team members about our flexible working arrangements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a solid focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental management, science, engineering or a relevant discipline is mandatory.
- Proven knowledge of conservation, ecological management, environmental impact assessment and environmental legislation.
- Extensive experience in researching, developing and implementing environment and planning advice.
- Demonstrated experience in working with government policy makers and regulators to achieve environmental compliance.
- Experience in planning and managing projects, contracts and resources
Does this role interest you?
If yes, log on to our recruitment portal and upload your resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the qualification, knowledge and experience required to succeed in this role.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, we urge you to contact Mechelle Swanepoel on (02) 6180 6875
Closing Date: 13 September 2019
- Closing Date:
- 13 Sep 2019
- ACT - Mitchell
- Work Type:
- Full Time