Project Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Remuneration: Commencing from $146,116 plus 15% superannuation
- On-going, full-time
- Canberra location
About our team
Icon Water’s Project Delivery is an outcomes focused team with a “get it done” attitude! They are part of the Infrastructure Services Group and are responsible for the concept, planning, delivery and finalisation of mixed discipline projects. The Project Delivery team is looking for a passionate project manager to lead a team of professionals to manage and deliver projects to meet the objectives of the broader Infrastructure Services Group.
This role will give you the opportunity to work on innovative and challenging projects across multiple engineering disciplines. Some of our major projects in the near future include upgrades to our water and sewerage treatment plants, renewing our biggest reservoirs and supply network, developing renewable energy systems and increasing the capacity of our infrastructure to make way for our growing city.
We value our own development and make the time to focus on keeping our skills and knowledge up to date. Most importantly, we value a sense of humour and promote a sense of strong team spirit in our workplace.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant tertiary qualification in project management and/or engineering
- Experience managing projects and with project management methodologies
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and fostering a culture of safety openness and excellence
- Experience in procurement and contract management
- Experience in engineering and/or construction related to municipal water supply or sewerage facilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills including the ability to network and influence a variety of stakeholders
- List your tertiary qualifications relevant to this role
- Provide details of you experience delivering projects
- Explain your experience with contract management and procurement
- Provide information on your construction experience
- Explain your experience leading teams and describe your people management style
About Icon Water
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the Canberra community for 100 years. We take pride in what we do and we do it well. We are a people focused organisation, acknowledging our people are our greatest asset.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
We want our people to be empowered to work in a collaborative and productive way and that your work and personal lives are in harmony. The Careers tab on the Icon Water website will show you our great employee benefits, along with hearing from team members about our flexible working arrangements.
Here’s a little more about Canberra if you’re not a local!
Recently rated Australia’s most liveable city, Canberra provides a lifestyle that is not for everyone (and we like it that way). It does offer easy access to the great outdoors, quiet residential areas, the country’s shortest median travel time to work (17.4 minutes!) and an inner city (and surrounds) dining scene that is always developing. Many Canberrans relish our four seasons and two hour trip to snow or surf. Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.
How can I apply?
If this role interests you, then we would love for you to log on to our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria . Applications close COB 24 September 2019.
To learn more about this opportunity please connect with Andrew Blair on 0408 980 370
- Closing Date:
- 24 Sep 2019
- ACT - Mitchell
- $146,116 plus 15% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time