Emergency Management Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water (View other jobs from this organisation)
Emergency Management Officer
$85,522 negotiable plus 15% superannuation
Maximum Term till June 2020
We are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated, self-starter to join our team as the Emergency Management Officer, in the dynamic Business Services Group.
You will be reporting to the Manager Risk and Emergency Management, assisting in the development and implementation of our emergency management framework.
Who is Icon Water?
Icon Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets including dams, reservoirs, water and sewerage treatment plants, water and sewerage pumping stations to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the Canberra community for 100 years.
How will Icon Water support you?
Icon Water offers generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, flexibility, fully subsidised gym memberships, professional development programs, staff rewards and recognition and much more.
About your role
Your role has responsibility for the implementation of the emergency management framework and continuous improvement of our continuity plans, systems and processes.
Some of your key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- As part of our team you will contribute to various meetings, forums, identify needs and convey information.
- You will promote awareness of the Emergency Management framework across the business through mentoring, development and delivery of training and workshops.
- As part of our team you will lead the development of our emergency and business continuity plans.
- You may interpret legislation, guidelines and contribute to the development of documentation.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills, you will build and maintain positive relationships
What are we looking for?
- Qualification(s) and/or equivalent experience in emergency management or business continuity.
- Broad knowledge of emergency management and /or business continuity concepts and practices.
- Experience in working in a dynamic team environment with shifting priorities and timeframes.
- Attention to detail, initiative, drive and flexibility to achieve results.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organise tasks in a time efficient manner.
How can I apply?
If this role interests you, then we would love for you to log on to our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter, resume and address the selection criteria by Wednesday 26 September 2018.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, we urge you to contact Adam Smith on (02) 6180 6161
- Closing Date:
- 26 Sep 2018
- ACT - Canberra
- $85,522 negotiable
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Emergency Management