Icon Water (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Canberra location
$120,240 - $141,859 plus 15% superannuation
3 years Maximum-Term, Full-time
Open to Permanent Residents and Australian Citizens
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets including dams, reservoirs, water and sewerage treatment plants, water and sewerage pumping stations to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the Canberra community for 100 years.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Our Digital Technology team is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to design, implement and manage databases, data models and datasets within the organisation.
A day in the life:
1. Establishing and maintaining dataset repository across the organisation
2. Development of code for data extraction, transformation and processing
3. Creating dashboards, visualisations and reports in Python and AWS.
We'll need you to have:
1. Degree in Computer Science
2. Good knowledge of SQL language and Python
3. Demonstrable experience in data modelling, data extraction, data mapping and data processing
4. Demonstrated experience in effectively using various databases, both SQL and NoSQL
5. Solid AWS experience with AWS certification being desirable.
About the team
We are a collaborative team that enjoys bringing out the best in each other. We are open to new ideas and not afraid to try out new approaches and technology. We are open to working flexibly with you, so talk to us and ask how this role can be made flexible for you.
- You are collaborative: you build and champion positive relationships and enjoy providing support to our business
- You are respectful, value diversity and respect the time of others
- You are open to learning new things and trying out different approaches.
About our application process
Please apply through our Recruitment portal by submitting a resume and a cover letter clearly outlining the key skills, knowledge and experience you can bring to the role.
If you wish to learn more about the role, please connect with Ali Salehi, Enterprise Architect on 0421 600 333.
Applications will close on 31 March 2019.
Thinking about moving to Canberra?
Canberra is the capital of the ACT. It has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of a world-class capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an exceptional location for adventure.
Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.
- Closing Date:
- 31 Mar 2019
- ACT - Mitchell
- $120,240 - $141,859
- Work Type:
- Full Time