- Participate in our 2 year Graduate Program with ongoing mentoring and development
- Flexible work location - within NSW
- 9 day fortnight, Hybrid approach – work from home & office
- Diverse and supportive team environment
We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. ?We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.?
WaterNSW is seeking a Graduate Spatial Scientist to assist in the development, maintenance and application of interface displays for a strategic suite of water quality and quantity models for the Greater Sydney supply system. This 2 year project requires you to provide spatial support to the project team for the delivery of accessible water quality modelling solutions in an interactive portal. This will provide advice for our customers to protect our catchment health, provide clean water and protect ecosystems using the best available science and engineering for the whole of NSW. The water quality modelling team is a virtual, agile team looking for innovative, driven individuals, ready to take up the challenge and deliver excellence in water quality modelling and interactive communications. The graduate spatial scientist is graduate position and will develop spatial skills focused in catchment management and visualisations for modelling outcomes and decision making.
Skills and Qualifications required:?
- Encouraged to apply are 2020-2021 graduates in one of the following disciplines: Spatial Science, Environmental Science or equivalent and Bachelor of Engineering (Civil / Environmental/Computing)
- Understanding and working knowledge of the Microsoft online platforms (e.g. OneDrive, Sharepoint, Teams)
- Experience in the use of spatial information systems for scientific applications (Experience with ESRI/ArcGIS is desirable)
- Experience working with or developing spatial data-sets
- Ability to communicate complex catchment conditions to a range of audiences using Geographical Information Systems
- Ability to work independent and be a self-starter
- Ability to work in a fully virtual team environment
- Genuine interest in environmental issues, water resources and modelling
- Current NSW Drivers Licence desirable?
The successful applicant will be required to undergo?pre-employment checks including a National police check and?Medical check. Any offer of employment?will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.??
More information can be accessed via the Position Description. Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 29th October 2021