The Department of Water and Environmental Regulation Perth CBD Office, including the location of this position, is planned to relocate to Joondalup early 2019.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Department of Water and Environmental Regulation (DWER) has an exciting opportunity for a highly organised and motivated Engineer to fill a permanent full-time/part-time position in the Surface Water Assessment Section.
The primary function of this position is to provide technical advice for Government, industry and the department in matters relating to surface water hydrology and floodplain management.
WHY WORK FOR US?
The DWER provides a working environment that promotes and supports professional development, work/life balance and wellness for all its employees through:
- competitive salary plus 9.5% employer superannuation contribution and access to salary packaging options;
- generous working conditions under the Public Service Award;
- flexible working arrangements;
- opportunity to be involved with exciting, interesting and meaningful work;
- access to an assortment of personal and professional development and training opportunities;
- leading wellness program promoting a healthy work / life balance with funded flu vaccinations and employee assistance programs to name but a few; and
- an energetic social club offering networking opportunities and a strong social environment.
The DWER embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring its workforce is reflective of our community. We welcome job applications from a diverse range of people that will enable us to deliver our services in a way that best meets the different needs of all Western Australians.
Our values-based culture reflects who we are and how we go about business. We want our people to serve to make a difference, build trust, care, be open minded and be better together.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATION
The DWER is a dynamic agency and is committed to supporting Western Australia’s community, economy and environment by managing and regulating the state’s environment and water resources.
The department is responsible for all environmental and water regulation, creating a ‘one stop shop’ for industry and developers and a greater opportunity for streamlining and simplifying regulation.
Find out more by visiting our website at www.dwer.wa.gov.au
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online for this vacancy by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. This will take you through a series of questions and steps.
Applicants are required to provide:
- A statement of no more than 2 pages addressing all the Work Related Requirements located in the Position Description; and
- A comprehensive CV including two referees; and
- Any supporting documentation, as specified in the Position Description. Please note any required qualification, as per the Position Description, must be attached to the application to be considered eligible for the position.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and pro-forma applications will not be accepted.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia, and proof of entitlement to work is required prior to appointment.
If you experience difficulties lodging your application online please contact email@example.com prior to the closing date. This email address is not to be used for submission of applications.
For further information about the position, please contact Lauren Greening on (08) 6364 6576 (not to be contacted for Applicant Information Packs or assistance with lodging your application).
Please refer to the Applicant Information Pack and Position Description as these documents will assist you in preparing your application. If you experience difficulties downloading these documents please contact the Recruitment and Establishment Officer on (08) 6364 7223.
In accordance with Commissioners Instructions Filling a Public Sector Vacancy, subsequent vacancies may be filled by applicants ranked suitable to this position for a period of up to 6 months from endorsement of the recruitment decision and to similar vacancies that arise within the DWER within 12 months from the date of endorsement. These positions may be part or full time on a permanent or fixed term contract basis with the possibility of extension or permanency in a variety of metropolitan and regional locations.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, 9 December at 11:45 pm