About the Business
T-Ports specialises in innovative solutions for the export of commodities, partnering with customers and investors to use a flexible model that positions port infrastructure close to the product’s origin.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, the role of the General Manager - Operations is responsible for the management and coordination of bulk commodity handling operations, including marine operations, to ensure a seamless flow of people, product, process and profits occur. The role provides hands on and high level strategic operational leadership in a way that maximises the profitability of the Company while providing a high level of customer satisfaction and engagement.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Management of the Marine & Bulk Handling Business Units.
- Implementing effective systems and processes to support and enhance T-Ports operations, corporate requirements, legal, compliance, governance and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with the Executive team to deliver safe, timely and cost-effective services to meet company and customers' expectations.
- Lead talent management for the region including operational training programs and performance development plans.
- Lead and manage the operations capital management program (CAPEX). Ensure there is a focus on delivering shipping programs safely, on time and in budget.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the strategy for the storage and handling and vessel loading activities with a focus on operational excellence.
- Develop a strong safety culture across all operations, ensuring safety is at the forefront of all that we do.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or a related discipline.
- Grain and / or Marine operations management experience is essential.
- Previous successful management of profit and loss within a business or business unit.
- Proven track record of driving high performance and accountability across teams.
- Proven ability to drive safety across all business units.
This is a great opportunity to make your mark on an exciting new South Australian project.
Along with your resume please submit a clear and concise one-page cover letter addressed to Julie Marsh which must outline your motivation behind applying and why you would be the perfect fit for our growing team.
For a full position description and to apply online please go to www.tports.com/careers.
Extensive regional and some interstate travel is required.